We’ve posted the tentative Pittsburgh Pirates 2021 spring schedule, as the team preps for another training camp at LECOM Park.
You can view the full schedule here.
Opening Day of the Pirates Grapefruit League season will be on Saturday, February 27, as the team travels to Fort Myers to take on the Boston Red Sox. The Bucs will then face the Atlanta Braves in the club’s Home Opener on Sunday, February 28.
Additional highlights of the 2021 home Spring Training schedule at LECOM Park include:
- February 28 thru March 2: The Pirates will have a three-game homestand beginning on February 28 with the Atlanta Braves followed by the Tampa Bay Rays on March 1 and Toronto Blue Jays on March 2.
- March 17: A St. Patrick’s Day game against the Minnesota Twins.
- March 19: The Red Sox will travel to Bradenton the first time of two times.
- March 23: The Bucs will host the New York Yankees for the only time of the spring.
- March 29: The Pirates close out the home portion of the Grapefruit League season against the Minnesota Twins.
The club’s final game of the 2021 Grapefruit League Season will come against the Twins in Fort Myers on Tuesday, March 30, before the Pirates get set to open the 2021 Regular Season on the road in Chicago against the Cubs on Thursday, April 1.
Still to come: reporting dates, ticket availability, and game times.
Comments are closed.