Spring training is a time of new beginnings, when the baseball world preps for another season, as rookies fight for roster spots and veterans prep for another campaign. Every team in spring training has a shot to contend for a title, as life on the diamond begins anew.
The Complete Guide to Spring Training 2024 / Arizona is the updated version of our annual spring-training guides. This book is meant for all types of spring-training fans. Hardcore baseball fans scout their favorite teams and eagerly track every open roster spot. Casual fans head to spring training in search of the perfect Arizona experience, happy to sip a brew at the outfield bar. For the rest of us, a day away from snow and ice is always a good day.
The Complete Guide to Spring Training 2024 / Arizona covers the 15 Cactus League teams playing out of 10 training camps: American Family Fields of Phoenix (Milwaukee Brewers), Camelback Ranch-Glendale (Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers), Goodyear Ballpark (Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Guardians), Hohokam Stadium (Oakland Athletics), Peoria Stadium (San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners), Salt River Fields at Talking Stick (Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies), Scottsdale Stadium (San Francisco Giants), Sloan Park (Chicago Cubs), Surprise Stadium (Kansas City Royals, Texas Rangers), and Tempe Diablo Stadium (Los Angeles Angels). Also included: Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and Phoenix Municipal Stadium, home of the Arizona State University Sun Devils. For those who follow their teams: exhibition games in Las Vegas. (No, no schedules–they are still changing and are online.)
Each chapter features:
- Best seats in each ballpark, whether you want comfort, shade, accessibility or autographs
- Ballpark tips
- Must-sees before and after the games, including local baseball attractions and sports bars
- Training information, to plan a trip before the games start
- Information on new and renovated ballparks
- Travel tips: Low fares at nearby airports, alternative routes (beat the traffic!) and freeway shortcuts
- College games: create your own day-night doubleheaders
- Points of interest for the baseball history fan
Changes for the 2024 spring-training season are highlighted, as well as new ballpark amenities, college tournaments and other collegiate ballparks in the region.
This book is currently at the printer; this is a pre-sale period, and we expect to be shipping paperback copies in the first 10 days of January. Every version–the $17.99 paperback, the $9.99 Kindle/Nook/Apple Books versions–will be available only from August Publications until Jan. 1, 2024. We have heard from several past buyers about their unwillingness to buy from Amazon, but rest assured we will be selling it direct from the August Publications website until the beginning of spring training as well.
If you buy the paperback version from us in the pre-sale period, you’ll receive a free downtown of the eBook version for immediate use. To order the paperback and the free eBook version:
1) Select the paperback edition from this page. You’ll then be sent to an order page.
2) From there, return to the product page and select your preferred eBook format (Kindle, Nook, Apple Books) and add that version to your cart as well.
3) When you go to check out, the eBook version will be automatically discounted to zero.
4) Once you check out, you’ll receive instructions on how to download the eBook edition.
If you buy the eBook from August Publications, you’ll need to transfer it to your device if you do not buy it from your device. Amazon gives you plenty of tools to transfer this book from a PC/Mac to any sort of Kindle; click here for information. We’ve done lots of testing to ensure this book can easily be transferred to any eBook reader, and the process is smooth! If you are using a Mac, the Apple Books version will automatically be installed in your Books app.