We’ve posted the New York Yankees 2023 spring schedule, as the Bronx Bombers prepare for another training season at George M. Steinbrenner Field and the adjacent facility.
You can view the schedule here.
Here are some highlights to the Yankees 2023 spring schedule:
- Have 32 games scheduled, 17 at home and 15 on the road, including games against all four AL East rivals (Baltimore-2, Boston-2, Toronto-4, Tampa Bay-3).
- Will open their 2023 spring slate with a road game on 2/25 at Philadelphia.
- Will play their first home game on 2/26 vs. Atlanta at Steinbrenner Field.
- Will play seven of their 17 home games on a Friday (2), Saturday (2) or Sunday (3).
- Will have split squad games on 2/26 (vs. Atlanta and at Toronto), 3/11 (vs. Philadelphia and at Pittsburgh) and 3/24 (vs. Minnesota and at Baltimore).
- Will face the Red Sox on 3/9 at Steinbrenner Field and 3/12 in Fort Myers.
- Will play Detroit more than any other team, with five games scheduled (2/27, 3/3 and 3/21 at Steinbrenner Field, and 3/10 and 3/17 in Lakeland).
- Visit the East Coast of Florida on 3/22 at Washington and 3/23 at St. Louis.
- Will play their final home game and close out their spring slate on 3/27 vs. Tampa Bay.
Still to come: information on when tickets go on sale as well as ticket prices.
The Yankees train at Steinbrenner Field and the adjoining training fields in Tampa, Florida. If you’re a Yankees fan, Steinbrenner Field is nirvana, a shrine to Yankeedom. There are plenty of nice New York touches outside the ballpark. Former Yankees greats are immortalized in a walking area outside the front gates: 16 Yankees have had their numbers retired, and these former greats are honored with plaques. Like the Mets, the Yankees commemorate 9/11 with steel originally part of the World Trade Center. And, to top things off, a lifesize bronze statue of George Steinbrenner was installed before Spring Training 2011.
Interested in more information about spring training? Check out our spring-training guides at August Publications.
Comments are closed.