Here are some highlights to the Yankees 2023 spring schedule:
- Have 32 games scheduled, 17 at home and 15 on the road, including games against all four AL East rivals (Baltimore-2, Boston-2, Toronto-4, Tampa Bay-3).
- Will open their 2023 spring slate with a road game on 2/25 at Philadelphia.
- Will play their first home game on 2/26 vs. Atlanta at Steinbrenner Field.
- Will play seven of their 17 home games on a Friday (2), Saturday (2) or Sunday (3).
- Will have split squad games on 2/26 (vs. Atlanta and at Toronto), 3/11 (vs. Philadelphia and at Pittsburgh) and 3/24 (vs. Minnesota and at Baltimore).
- Will face the Red Sox on 3/9 at Steinbrenner Field and 3/12 in Fort Myers.
- Will play Detroit more than any other team, with five games scheduled (2/27, 3/3 and 3/21 at Steinbrenner Field, and 3/10 and 3/17 in Lakeland).
- Visit the East Coast of Florida on 3/22 at Washington and 3/23 at St. Louis.
- Will play their final home game and close out their spring slate on 3/27 vs. Tampa Bay.
Still to come: information on when tickets go on sale as well as ticket prices.
The Yankees train at Steinbrenner Field and the adjoining training fields in Tampa, Florida. If you’re a Yankees fan, Steinbrenner Field is nirvana, a shrine to Yankeedom. There are plenty of nice New York touches outside the ballpark. Former Yankees greats are immortalized in a walking area outside the front gates: 16 Yankees have had their numbers retired, and these former greats are honored with plaques. Like the Mets, the Yankees commemorate 9/11 with steel originally part of the World Trade Center. And, to top things off, a lifesize bronze statue of George Steinbrenner was installed before Spring Training 2011.
Interested in more information about spring training? Check out our spring-training guides at August Publications.